Toasted Braai Grilled Sandwiches that are irresistible. Best part of a South African braai are these cheese and tomato and onion, braai or grill toasted sandwiches.
Toasted Braai Grilled Sandwiches.
These are very easy to make and so irresistible. Toasted braai grilled sandwiches, with cheese and tomato and onion rings. Also add some chutney to make them just that more tastier. A favorite on a braai, that you will reach for first. Eat the sandwiches warm and enjoy the other braai or grilled meat and potato salad or beetroot salad.
Below you cut and butter the bread, leaving the butter side outside the sandwich for grilling. Place cheese sliced and then add the tomato and onion or extra chutney.
Grill on the braai with your meat and kebabs and sausages.
The final braai toasted sandwiches. The cheese melted and delicious tasty toasted bread sandwich. You will definitely love these.
Thanks for the photos and been able to share this, to my sister.
- Slices of Bread
- Either use sliced bread or cut bread into nice slices.
- Spread butter on both sandwiches, but the butter side will be placed on the braai. Therefore leave buttered side for the outside of the sandwich.
- Cut cheese and place on non buttered side.
- Place cut tomato on top of the cheese.
- Slice onions and place a few on the tomatoes.
- If you prefer chutney then spread it on the dry part of the sandwich, (the inside of the sandwich)
- Close the sandwich, then place on a braai that is not to hot, so not to burn the bread.
- Toast both sides as required.
- Cut in halves and serve with meat braai, and salads.