Tasty Banana Bread Loaf is easy and makes one delicious treat. Make with your over ripe bananas so nothing goes to waste.
Tasty Banana Bread Loaf
There is times when you just have not gotten to eat all the banana’s one has bought and why not put them to good use and make this banana loaf. This makes a difference to normal bread, much tastier and of course good for you.
You could add raisins or walnuts or sunflower seeds to spice it up. Chocolate cocoa mixed with the flour could also make some very tasty banana loaf. Never waste food.
let it cool down totally on a cooling rack, when this loaf has baked.
Once cooled down the banana loaf can taken out of the bread loaf pan, and be placed on a bread board ready to cut into slices.
Banana bread loaf cut into slices ready to butter.
When the banana loaf is cooled you can butter a few slices and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ lb butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (heaped)
- 1 level teaspoon of bi-carb. of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Grease bread loaf pan.
- Set oven to 175 Deg.C (350 Deg.F) Higher rack in oven.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy then add mashed bananas.
- Beat eggs and add to the mixture.
- Add the teaspoon of bi-carb of soda to a ¼ cup of boiling water to dissolve.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and then the dissolved bi -carb.
- Mix all together and then turn into the bread pan and bake.
- Bake for 1 hour.