Tasty Moist Carrot Cake is a favorite, spiced with cinnamon and crushed pineapple, pecans and coconut. With an amazing fluffy cream cheese frosting.
Tasty Moist Carrot Cake.
Make this carrot cake instead of all the sweat baking that is normally baked. Its delishes.
This Carrot cake is so delicious and I used some coconut sugar as well as a 1-1 ratio of flour mix and cinnamon. As we try make it more diabetic friendly.
Baking. See Ingredients and recipe to do that.
There is some optional ingredients, such as pecans but I prefer not to add them, which is my preference.
Leave in the baking pans till totally cool.
Once cool take out of the pans, leave to cool further. Carrot cake may break if handled to early.
Frosting the cake with cream cheese frosting according to the recipe. If its a warm day you may need to keep the frosting in the fridge. As it is made of cream cheese and butter, which melts easily. Especially if you use normal cream cheese and not full cream cheese.
Once frosted you may need to keep the cake in the fridge as well.
The carrot cake was decorated with a cinnamon pattern.
Then cut and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
Tasty Moist Carrot Cake, ready to eat.
Tea or coffee on the veranda with some sliced carrot cake. Yummy.
Recipe below. enjoy.
- • 2½ cups (325 g.) all purpose flour
- • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- • 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- • ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- • 2 cups ( 400 g ) sugar (I used half coconut and half panella brown sugar)
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1 cup olive oil (218 g) or coconut oil.
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- • 2 cups (180 g) grated carrots
- • ¾ cup (92 g) chopped pecans (optional)
- • ¾ cup (50 g) coconut (optional)
- • 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, put in a strainer and let the liquid drain. I used a small
- Ingredients for cream cheese frosting.
- • 1 cup, (226 g) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- • 2 (8 oz) full fat cream cheese (total weight 452 g)
- • 2 teaspoons (8 g) vanilla extract
- • ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt (2 g) optional - it will cut the sweetness,because it is fine and
- dissolves faster
- • 6 to 6½ cups (690 g to 747 g) powdered sugar or icing sugar.
- Firstly preheat the oven to 175 deg.C (350 Deg.F)
- Grease and line with wax sheet. 2 x 9 inch round cake pans.
- Sift - Flour , baking soda, baking powder cinnamon and salt, for about 30 seconds .
- mix - 2 cups of sugar mix. 4 eggs, a cup of olive oil, and vanilla essence for 2 - 3 min medium
- speed till light and creamy.
- Mix - in the dry ingredients with the wet sugar oil, ingredients till smooth.
- Add - the carrots, pecans chopped, crushed pineapple and coconut flakes.
- Mix all together and spoon into both baking pans.
- Bake for 35 min.
- Test that its cooked with a clean tooth pick or a smooth knife. Its done if the knife comes out clean. (but only open the oven once the cooking time has expired)
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack for 10 - 15 min. or more, before taking our of the pans. (carrot cake will break to easily if tried to soon.)
- Method for frosting.
- Beat - soft butter till smooth.
- Add - cream cheese slowly and a little at a time, beat slowly till smooth.
- Add - Vanilla essence and gradually the castor or icing sugar beat low speed until all is blended.
- Then faster till its fluffy. (don't over beat it till smooth otherwise you can refrigerate it to firm
- This amount for the cream cheese frosting makes enough to ice the total cake with piping.
- PS: If weather is warm place the cake in the fridge, as it is cream cheese icing, that melts.
- Enjoy the tasty moist Carrot cake.
I would easily invite family over for tea and coffee with this cake, the cream cheese frosting makes a good change to other icing.
Loved this one, more for you to bake.
Download your free printable of oven temperatures and measurement chart here.