Lemon Meringue Tart. Filled with biscuit base, condensed milk and fresh squeezed organic lemon juice and decorated with whisked egg white.
Lemon Meringue Tart
This lemon meringue tart is a change from sweet cakes, with a taste of sour lemon. But still sweat from condensed milk.
A most tasty tart for get together s and tea time, with family.
Ingredients to make the tart, freshly squeezed organic lemon juice from our gardens.
Condensed milk and lemon juice and egg yolk mixture poured on top of the biscuit and butter base.
Meringue, egg whites whisked with a little icing sugar for sweetness and stiffness. Baked to brown and cook the meringue.
Unfortunately my gas oven does not grill and could not brown the tips of meringue nicely. But its cooked.
method and how to in the recipe below. enjoy
- Ingredients for base.
- 1 packet of tennis biscuits and 150 grams of melted butter. mix all well and butter tart bowl then press biscuit base into the bowl and bake in oven for a few minutes till firm.
- 2 Tins of condensed milk. (950 grams) ( use the new sized tins then lesson the lemon juice)
- 1 cup of lemon juice (half cup of lemon juice if the condensed milk tins are 395 g.)
- 2 egg yolks
- (keep egg whites for the meringue topping)
- Mix the condensed milk and lemon juice and egg yolks till thickened. Pour into the tennis biscuit based dish.
- Beat egg whites (obtain more egg whites as will be needed to cover the top of the lemon meringue.) add some icing sugar, whip till stiff.
- Pour it carefully on top of the lemon meringue to cover it. Make decorative wisps.
- Bake in oven at 180 deg.C Till meringue is light brown on top.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack. Then refrigerate for two hours.