Grilled on outside braai / BBQ. A dish made with fresh lemon juice squeezed regularly over chicken .
1 Whole organic Chicken
1 Tsp salt
2 Tsp garlic flakes
1 Tsp lemon pepper
1 Tsp Rosemary spices
4 whole lemons
1. Firstly Light the wood or charcoal to be used on the braai or BBQ. Have them to one side of the braai or BBQ Grill.
2. Clean and spice the whole chicken to be ready to place on the grill. Cut the chicken in half. Spatchcock style.
3. Place the cut open spiced chicken on the side of the grill, not on the burning wood or charcoal. It can simmer while the coals are forming. Only use coals for the grilling of the chicken. As the flames will burn the chicken.
4. Once coals are ready then the coals are pushed evenly at the bottom of the grill. Chicken is placed on top of the grill for coals to cook it.
5. Cut and squeeze lemon juice regularly over the chicken to keep it tender and moist. This will make the chicken meat very tangy. If you don’t like the chicken to be very tangy don’t squeeze the lemon juice to often.
6.Once the chicken is halfway done, you may if you prefer to cut it further into 4 pieces. This depends totally on your preference. Sometimes the chicken is very big and the meat will not cook evenly. That’s why we cut the chicken further into pieces.
7. Grill continually and squeeze lemons juice until it is brown and cooked.
8. Serve warm with any side dishes you prefer. I used baked Garlic Potato dish, and baked vegetables. As this would free up our time to spend with family.
Keywords: Juicy Lemon Grilled Whole Chicken