Homemade Garlic Braai Loaf. This special bread loaf is an amazing tasty addition for any braai or barbecue or grill. Added Parmesan cheese for richness.
Homemade Garlic Braai Loaf.
This recipe for the garlic loaves may be baked or grilled openly in the oven as well. But of course it will taste so much nicer on a braai. But still cover the rolls with aluminum foil. This will not dry out the rolls. I also cover the top of the rolls with some of the butter.
Use three loaves for about 8 people.
Cut the loaf in slits at inch to an inch and a half distance. Not totally through the loaf though as the garlic butter mix must to be inserted. Use a bread board or any cutting board of your choice.
Fill the cuts with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese mix you have made already in a small bowl.
Once filled with the garlic butter mix wrap in tin foil for the grill and or braai or barbecue. If you are not having a braai, baking or grilling it uncovered in oven is great for this recipe
All wrapped and ready to grill on the braai with some mielies (corn). You can grill in in the oven as well.
Once complete unwrap the loaf and break into sections to serve with salads and braai meat. Or even grilled meat or veggies skewers.
Tasty Homemade Garlic Loaf for Braai or grill Recipe.
Homemade Garlic Braai Loaf
This special bread loaf is an amazing tasty addition for any braai or barbecue or grill. Added Parmesan cheese for richness.
3 loaves of special bread
200 grams of soft butter
6 garlic cloves peeled and crushed. (flakes will do)
70 grams Parmesan cheese (grated)
Foil for wrapping up loaves
- While grilling or braaing other meats, you would grill the foil wrapped garlic loaves on a medium or cooler coals. Therefor wait till you almost done. (may be grilled in the oven as well)
- Cut the loaves in slices, but not all the way through. Leaving gaps of 1 1/2 inches.
- Crush the garlic cloves and mix with the soft butter. Spice the butter mix with salt and pepper. Grate the cheese and add to the butter mix. leaving some cheese for the top of the loaf.
- Apply and fill the slits of the loaves with the garlic cheese butter mix. Apply generously.
- Wrap the loaves with foil, so that the entire loaf is covered. This way no butter mix will run out of the foil.
- Lastly, when the coals are not to hot, place the foil loaves on the grill. ( this may be done in the oven)
- The grilling of the loaf will only take about 5 minutes, depending on the heat of the coals. You looking for a warm golden grill of the loaf and melted butter and cheese.
- Unwrap the foil when ready to add to your meal. Cut the slices, and enjoy.
If you love these garlic loaves you will love to make this banana bread recipe.
Some products to use for this recipe which could be bought together online.