Easy Macaroni and Cheese for two to four people. This is a family favorite dish and is often made with alternative ingredients such as bacon and cream.
Easy Macaroni and Cheese for Two
Make this dish easily and quickly with organic ingredients. One can use tinned tomato and onion, or pureed tomato. But where we live we get to use all the organic natural ingredients. Himalayan Salt and pepper, garlic flakes or cloves. Organic eggs, good pasta.
Ingredients all layered in two layers, with cheese on top and parsley or basil flakes.
Whisk organic eggs and milk and salt and pepper. Organic eggs are very orange in colour. Pour over dish.
Below is the amount of egg and milk mixture needed for the dish.
Cooked until you notice liquid milk and egg is firm on the sides of the dish. Browned on the top.
Notice the yellow colour of the egg mixture. When you get that lovely aroma of the food then you should know its cooked.
Dish up warm and use salad or as we prefer it just with tomato sauce. Lots of garlic goes in my dish as garlic is good for digestion.
- 2 x red organic tomatoes
- 1 x red onion
- 1½ cups of grated cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 3 x organic eggs
- 400 ml. of milk (or Cream)
- 250 grams organic pasta (small tubes or as desired)
- Himalayan salt
- Garlic flakes (or cloves crushed)
- Basil flakes or parsley
- Set oven to 200 deg.C.
- Chop tomato and onion, in blender, or as you would prefer to use them. They are better blended.
- Fill small pot with water half way and add salt, then bring to boil and add pasta for a few minutes till soft. sieve the pasta of water.
- Grate the cheese.
- Use a glass pyrex dish for the macaroni dish.
- fill half the cooked macaroni's in the pyrex dish layeted at the bottom.
- Spice with garlic over the layer while warm.
- Spread half the tomato and onion mixture over the macaroni's.
- Layer some grated cheese over the tomato mixture.
- Do a second and last layer of the pasta, garlic flakes galore, then tomato mixture and cheese finally.
- Sprinkle the basil flakes on the top of the cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk, with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the macaroni mixture in the dish until the base of the macaroni's are covered.
- Place in the oven and bake until brown and the mixture has firmed.
- You will notice it through the glass pyrex sides.(see photo)
- Makes a meal for four, with salad. Two large meals, if desired.